The Cowards’ Dentist You Can Rely On
If you experience extreme nervousness when going to the dentist, visit the practice of Joseph E Golding DDS in Columbus, IN. Dr. Golding utilizes sedation dentistry to make the procedure as stress-free for you as possible. When you choose our dental office, you can have your oral health problems addressed without experiencing pain during the treatment.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Before you undergo a sedation dentistry procedure, you will be given a pill that you should take an hour before your dental appointment. Because of the pill’s drowsy effect, you will need someone to bring you to our office. When you arrive, you will relax in a comfortable chair and be covered with a thick, cozy blanket. You will also use/have access to nitrous gas and numbing gel.
While you sit back, we will monitor your vital signs. Once you are at ease, our experienced clinical team will begin to take care of your dental needs. After your treatment is finished, you can return home and enjoy a relaxing nap.
Who Is a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is recommended for adults who have:
- Very sensitive teeth | A high degree of fear
- Limited time to complete care | Difficulty getting numb
- Fear of needles and shots | A bad gag reflex
- Extreme self-consciousness about their teeth
Facts About Sedation Dentistry:
- It works.
- It is safe. You are only required to take a small pill prior to treatment. No IV needles are used.
- You will not remember anything about the appointment.
- You will sleep for several hours after the appointment.
- Dental work that normally requires several appointments can be completed in a single visit.
- People who have trouble getting numb can have a pain-free experience during the dental procedure.